Quality goes beyond the facilities and equipment to the Wapsie Valley family. Our employees are dedicated and trained to manufacture the highest quality dairy products possible and have devoted years – even decades – to that commitment.
Join Our Team:
TAKING APPLICATIONS FOR 3rd SHIFT MAINTENANCE TECH
Wapsie Valley Creamery, Inc. is seeking a 3rd shift Maintenance Technician. This position has shared responsibilities in maintaining the company's SQF food safety and food quality system, complying with any applicable food regulations and striving for continuous improvements in all areas. Must be able to maintain, install, diagnose, fabricate, and repair equipment in and around the plant. This includes but is not limited to: welding, plumbing, pneumatics, hydraulics, refrigeration, and electrical.
Wapsie Valley Creamery offers a stable work environment, competitive wage scale, pays 70% of monthly health insurance premium on either single or family coverage, 100% of single dental insurance premium, 100% of single vision insurance premium, 100% of life & short-term disability insurance, 100% of long-term disability insurance, 401K-pension plan that WVC puts 3% in to for its employees, paid lunch break, paid uniform rental, bereavement & jury duty pay. Must be able to work second shift. Working Saturday nights and some Holidays are a regular part of a workweek.
Interested applicants should complete an application at: 300 10th St., Independence, IA 50644.
Interviewing will begin immediately and continue until positions are filled.
WAPSIE VALLEY CREAMERY, INC. IS:
A FAMILY OWNED COMPANY
IT HAS BEEN IN CONTINUOUS OPERATION SINCE 1906
MANUFACTURING AMERICAN HARD CHEESES
DRYING LACTOSE & MINERAL-PROTEINS FROM LIQUID WHEY
WVC Website: www.wapsievalley.com
WAPSIE VALLEY CREAMERY REQUIRES PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TESTS
Wapsie Valley Creamery is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Competitive Pay Rates
- Health Insurance with prescription, dental, vision, and Flexible Spending Account.
- 90% of Membership paid by company to Falcon Civic Center
- 401K Plan – After one year of service company puts 3% of employee’s weekly gross wage in the plan. Employee and employer contribution vested immediately at 100%
- Company- Paid Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Company – Paid Term Life Insurance Policy
- Paid 7 Paid Floating Holidays – Up to 4 Weeks of Vacation based on length of service; and Up to 6 Personal Days a year – based on length of service
- Bereavement Pay and Jury Duty pay provided
- Paid Company uniforms – for positions where required
- Annual Shoe Allowance – for positions where special foot wear is required
- Employee Appreciation Day and Company paid for Christmas Party