Quality goes beyond the facilities and equipment to the Wapsie Valley family. Our employees are dedicated and trained to manufacture the highest quality dairy products possible and have devoted years – even decades – to that commitment.
JOIN OUR TEAM:
TAKING APPLICATIONS FOR PRODUCTION
Wapsie Valley Creamery, Inc. is seeking Production employees for the Cheese and Whey Departments. Shift hours vary depending on department. Applicants need: To be able to work with machinery, able to push 700-pound containers on wheeled carts; able to perform physically demanding job tasks, work as part of a cohesive team and follow Good Manufacturing Practices at all times. Must be able to work Saturdays and Holidays as scheduled. Please apply at the home office in Independence or email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Wapsie Valley Creamery offers a stable work environment, competitive wage scale, pays 70% of monthly health insurance premium on either single or family coverage, 100% of single dental insurance premium, 100% of single vision insurance premium, 100% of life & short-term disability insurance, 100% of long-term disability insurance, 401K-pension plan that WVC puts 3% in to for its employees, paid lunch break, paid uniform rental, bereavement & jury duty pay.
** Due to the volume of milk being processed, employees need to be able to work Saturdays as part of their work week, as well as Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day for which they receive Floating Holidays. **
Interested applicants should complete an application at:
300 10th St., Independence, IA 50644
Interviewing will begin immediately and continue until positions are filled.
WAPSIE VALLEY CREAMERY, INC. IS:
A family owned Company that has been in continuous operation since 1906. We manufacture American Hard Cheeses, Dry Lactose & Mineral Proteins from Liquid Whey.
WVC Website: www.wapsievalley.com
Wapsie Valley Creamery requires pre-employment drug testing and does monthly random testing.
Wapsie Valley Creamery is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Wapsie Valley Creamery, Inc. Benefits
Wapsie Valley Creamery, Inc. offers a Comprehensive and flexible benefit package which includes:
- Competitive Pay Rates
- Health Insurance with prescription, dental, vision, and Flexible Spending Account.
- 90% of Membership paid by company to Falcon Civic Center
- 401K Plan – After one year of service company puts 3% of employee’s weekly gross wage in the plan. Employee and employer contribution vested immediately at 100%
- Company- Paid Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Company – Paid Term Life Insurance Policy
- Paid 7 Paid Floating Holidays – Up to 4 Weeks of Vacation based on length of service; and Up to 6 Personal Days a year – based on length of service
- Bereavement Pay and Jury Duty pay provided
- Paid Company uniforms – for positions where required
- Annual Shoe Allowance – for positions where special foot wear is required
- Employee Appreciation Day and Company paid for Christmas Party
300 10th St. NE
Independence, Iowa 50644